PORT ARTHUR —
The Groves Affair of the Arts Committee, along with the Groves Chamber of Commerce and Tourist Center are co-sponsoring the 2011 Affair of the Arts which will be held on Saturday, April 2nd, 10:00 a.m. until dark.
One of the main focuses will be on local artists who design and create their own pieces of artwork, which will be showcased within the gates of Celebration Park, located at 4411 Lincoln Ave. This includes, but is not limited to, painting, sketching, stained glass, quilting, jewelry, a selection of different genres of music, etc.
Also included will be a film festival featuring short films by the Lamar University Film Association. They will be shown throughout the day at the Courtyard Café.
Additionally, all other types of businesses/vendors such as antiques, arts/crafts, food, general information, street performers, music, etc. will extend the event down Lincoln Avenue through downtown to Washington Blvd. Featured will be the sounds of the Jazz Innovators from Beaumont, Texas. There is no charge for admission.
If you have any questions, need more information, or wish to take part in this event as an art, craft, or food vendor, please call the Groves Chamber of Commerce & Tourist Center office at (409) 962-3631 or Kizmet Studio at (409) 962-9300.
PORT ARTHUR —
- PNGSL opens registration to Port Arthur players
- Groves store robbed twice in one week
- Groves Police calls, Dec. 5 through Dec. 11
- Suspected boat battery thief arrested in Groves
- Dozens of vehicles burglarized in Groves
- Shoppers delight in Christmas Tree Trail to Groves
- Port Neches-Groves High School 'A-B' honor roll
- Port Neches-Groves High School 'A' honor roll
Video: Indians take the field
The Port Neches-Groves Indians football enters the field following the drum line at the 2012 homecoming game against the Ozen Panthers.
- Groves Council agenda for Nov. 5
- More Groves Headlines