An ex-middle school teacher in Southeast Texas has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for having a sexual relationship with a student.
A judge in Beaumont sentenced 51-year-old Timothy Russell Verdon, who formerly taught at Hamshire-Fannett Middle School in Beaumont.
Investigators say the girl was 15 when she met Verdon in 2008.
Verdon in March pleaded guilty to sexual assault of a child and to an improper relationship between an educator and student.
He was sentenced Monday to 15 years on each count, with the prison terms to be served concurrently.
- Local News
- Police nab PN robbery suspect after lengthy search
- Nederland 'icon' says goodbye after 13 years
- Restoring the marsh
- New PA businesses opening
- Jazz saxaphonist Juneteenth parade grand marshal
- Ask A Cop: Letters, numbers should always be visible on license plates
- NISD to honor trustee
- Ike damage still evident in many PA neighborhoods
- Ex-employee awarded $400K from Jefferson County lawsuit
- Gorrer, other pro athletes start cookout tradition
- More Local News Headlines