The Port Arthur News
A possibility of severe weather is in the Golden Triangle’s forecast through Monday, as a cold front moves into the area.
Blustery winds will continue through Monday with the possibility of gusts reaching 50 mph during severe thunderstorms that are forecast for Sunday night and most of the day Monday, Robert Deal, meteorologist with the National Weather Service’s Lake Charles office, said.
According to Deal, there is a 30 percent chance of rain Sunday afternoon. By Sunday night the chance of showers and thunderstorms will have increased to 70 percent. Some of those storms could be severe, Deal said.
Rainfall will continue into Monday, with a 70 percent forecast of rain most of the day.
There is a chance of small hail and winds gusting up to 50 mph in areas where severe storms materialize.
The storms could produce as much as 4.5 inches of precipitation.
By Tuesday the system is expected to move out of the area.
The Port Arthur area so far this year is 9.22 inches above normal rainfall amounts.