The Port Arthur Epsilon Theta Omega chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha, Sorority Inc. held a Breast Cancer Awareness event on Oct. 18, at the Port Arthur Health Department.
Brochures, informational documents on breast cancer treatment, prevention, research, and education as well as web resources were distributed to participants in attendance. A poster was on display with breast cancer awareness quotations ("Think Pink", "Fight Cancer with Knowledge", "Courage, Hope, Strength, & Love").
It is of noted interest and encouragement that Breast Cancer survival rates have increased and the number of deaths have declined, thanks to a number of factors such as earlier detection, new treatments, and a better understanding of the disease.
Soror Mary Getwood served as the chairperson and organizer of the Breast Cancer Awareness event. Soror Basileus Zeta Wise serves as the leader of the Port Arthur Epsilon Theta Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha, Sorority Inc.
- Port Arthur
- PNGSL opens registration to Port Arthur players
- 'Christmas without the Angel' offers humor, depth
- PAPD gets new vehicles to update fleet
- Houston oil and gas company seeks permit to drill well in PA
- PAPL Newsnotes: Computer training to be offered at library
- Chamber seeing small business of year nominations
- Lead has challenge in PALT play, ‘Treasure Island’
- Memorial NJROTC students participate in annual inspection
- PAISD joins students nationwide in mock election
- Flanagan family has delivered since famed 1926 game
- More Port Arthur Headlines