- Port Neches
PNMS Robotics team goes haywire in competitions
Middle school students in Port Neches got a taste of the life of a NASA scientist recently as the school’s Robotics team captured several medals at Regional and State competitions.
Using basically the same program as NASA does with the Mars Land Rover
- Credit Union and church adopt troop for holidays Sgt. Daniel W. Winegeart, who died in Iraq in October, is being honored during the holiday season by Neches Federal Credit Union and Val Verde Baptist Church.
- PN passes on historic Orleck A piece of military history will not rest in the waters of Port Neches. After a short presentation and a long debate, the city council did not approve a request for the temporary berth of the USS Orleck in the city’s Neches River.
Indian Players prepare for the ‘Moon’
PN-G Indian Players are gearing up for their second play of the year, ‘Dark of the Moon’.
Based on the “Ballad of Barbara Allen,” the play is set in the 1940’s and tells the story of a Witch Boy, named John, played by Andrew Gibson, who falls in love with the beautiful human, Barbara Allen, played by Jenny Carson.
- Riverfront plans discussed at city meeting
- Port Neches church celebrates 125 years Saturday Sept. 9 through Sunday, Sept. 10, the First Methodist Church Port Neches has a full schedule of fun for the congregation. At. 4 p.m. Saturday, the opening ceremonies will begin with a city proclamation.
- Library to survey community Books, magazines, movies, meeting rooms, and more. What could be missing? That’s exactly the question The Effie and Wilton Hebert Library in Port Neches wants to answer.
- Port Neches police Port Neches police investigated the following reported incidents during the week:
- Teachers get ready for new school year PN-GISD teachers went to school this week.
- Port Neches briefs What's happinging in Port Neches? Read here to find out.
- More Port Neches Headlines
- PNMS Robotics team goes haywire in competitions Middle school students in Port Neches got a taste of the life of a NASA scientist recently as the school’s Robotics team captured several medals at Regional and State competitions.