PORT ARTHUR —
A strong showing by several members of the Port Arthur Flyers Track & Field Club at the recent 19th District AAU Championships in Pearland earned them the right to participate in the Junior Olympics July 27 through Aug. 4 in Pearland.
Between now and then club members are seeking sponsors to assist with expenses for the trip. All contributions are tax deductible. Checks should be made to Port Arthur Flyers and sent to 210 4th Ave., Port Arthur, 77642.
The Port Arthur Flyers are headed up by Robert and Arlene Leblanc.
Kristopher Ross highlighted the Port Arthur team’s effort t by winning the Sub Bantam shot put with a heave of 7.51 meters.
Others whose hard work and performances earned them spots in the Junior Olympics are:
Primary: Aalyriah Howard, Jayden Howard and Lexi Martin
Sub Bantam: Troy Dixon Jr. , Laila Holmes and Kristen Williams
Bantam: Jhorman Armstrong and Capri Wilson.
Sub Midget: Roschon Johnson, Harold Mosley and Christopher Williams.
Midget: Talel Malik and Tarig Malik.
Sub Youth: Jamiyah Dixon and Jacob Lee.
Youth: Dyron Chatman and Kelsie McClenon.
Intermediate: Cory Dauphine, Kameron Martin, Rishira Trahan and Jatayvian Neal.
Young Adults: Xavier Chatman, Jamil Peeples, Jamaal Solco Terrance Pitre and Patrick Lewis.
PORT ARTHUR —
- West golf notepad: The Palms driving range to open Friday
- Montgomery baseball takes Game 1 against Nederland
- Montgomery a familiar foe for Nederland baseball
- West golf notepad: Stroud's Players ace was 7th overall, first in PGA tourney
- Coleman column: Astros actions create off-field dismay
- West on golf: Mesquite terrific destination for buddy trip
- Nederland baseball to face Montgomery in three-game series
- Patti Gay column: Mike Doyle sets pace with 742 series
- Chester Moore column: Sabine produces strange catches
- West column: Texans' Cushing spells out reasons Wade's successful
- More Sports Headlines