• Beaumont Civic Center — Saturday, Seventh Annual Jazz and Blues Fest featuring Najee, Texas Johnny Brown, Jack Edery and UltraSuede with Paul Orta, Barbara Lynn, Mad Maude and The Hatters, Briefcase Blues, a Blues Brother tribute act, Jimmy Simmons, Dean James, Rob White Band, Silas Feemster and the Flava band, $10-$15. www.beaumontjazzfest.com. 701 Main, Beaumont.
• Nutty Jerry’s — Friday, Tanya Tucker, $20-$60. All ages. www.nuttyjerrys.com. 18291 Englin Road, Winnie.
• Ford Park — Saturday, Tyrese and Friends, $42.50-$72.50. All ages. www.fordpark.com. 5155 IH 10 S., Beaumont.
• • •
• The Barking Dog — Friday-Saturday, Scott and Helen Hoyt tribute to Everly Brothers. $10/day. All ages. 409-330-4065. 109 Fifth St., Orange.
• Bayou Club — Thursday - Saturday, karaoke, free. Ages 21 and older. 409-882-9299. 2210 Simmons Dr., Orange.
• Big Nasty’s — Saturday, Scott McGill and Old Dog Mac, free. Ages 21 and older. 409-697-3053. 1195 Texas Avenue, Bridge City.
• The Boudain Hut — Thursday, Sunday, Wednesday, Phillip Glyn and Daze. Friday-Saturday, Creole Cookin’. Tuesday, karaoke. 409-962-5079. 5714 Gulfway Drive, Port Arthur.
• Cafe del Rio — Friday, Centerstage. Wednesday, Keenan and Cliff. All ages. 409-347-1644. 2830 Interstate 10 E, Beaumont.
• La Cantina — Thursday, Skeeter Jones, free. 409-727-0404. 7960 Memorial Blvd., Port Arthur.
• La Cantina - Orange — Thursday, Jimmy Kaiser, free. 409-670-9830. 2709 MacArthur Drive, Orange.
• Capistrano — Friday, karaoke, free. Saturday, Three Legged Dawg, free. Ages 21 and older. 409-883-8175. 1209 Green Ave., Orange.
• Capri Club — Thursday- Friday, Lucky Star Karaoke. Saturday, Uhnayus, $5. Ages 21 and older. 409-724-1030. 8585 9th Ave, Port Arthur.
• Cotton’s Cay — Friday, Red Bone Cookin’, $5. Saturday, karaoke, free. Ages 18 and older. 409-886-9042. 8379 N. Highway 87, Orange.
• Dylan’s — Friday, Phillip Glyn and Southern Daze. Saturday, Static. Tuesday, Lee Pelly. Wednesday, karaoke, free. Ages 21 and older. 409-722-1600. 8601 Ninth Ave., Port Arthur.
• Fuzzy’s Taco Shop — Thursday, Jerry Diaz. Tuesday, Scott McGill. 409-729-8226. 1039 Nederland Ave. Nederland.
• The Gig — Friday, Trapt, The Dreaming, Candlelight Red, Angel Siren, Lost Element, $20 and up. Saturday, Noyola. Wednesday, Open mic night. Ages 18 and older. www.thegigbeaumont.com. Crockett Street, Beaumont.
• Goodfellas — Thursday, Mike and Ted, free. Friday, Alex Rozell. Saturday, Thomas Cokinos, Chris Vogt. 409-861-2500. 3350 Dowlen Road, Ste. H, Beaumont.
• Good Times — Thursday, Valley View. Ages 21 and older. 409-962-9858. Port Arthur Hotel, 3801 Texas 73 E., Port Arthur.
• The Grill — Thursday, Scott McGill. Friday - Saturday, Swinging Gringos. 409-866-0039. 6680 Calder Ave., Beaumont.
• Irene’s Lounge — Monday, Open pool tournament. Tuesday, karaoke. Wednesday, Ages 21 and older. 409-724-2927 147 N. Twin City Hwy., Nederland.
• Jake’s Place — Saturday, David Joel and David Varnardo, free. Ages 21 and older. 409-721-5852. 1214 Spurlock Road, Nederland.
• King’s Cue Stick — Saturday, Jenny and the Reincarnation, Octopoodle, Pear Ridge, $5. 409-722-8899. 8160 9th Ave, Port Arthur.
• Larry’s French Market — Thursday, Clint Faulk and Sherrie Lynn. Friday, Zydecane. Saturday, Eazy. 409-962-3381. 3701 FM 366, Groves.
• Logon Cafe — Thursday, Open blues jam, free. Friday, Brown Chicken Brown Cow String Band. Saturday, Fire and Rain, $5. Tuesday, karaoke. Monday, Night and Day Orchestra, $10. Wednesday, Open mic night, free. www.logoncafe.net. 3805 Calder Ave, Beaumont.
• Luke’s — Thursday, Todd Howard. Friday, Dusty Newman, free. Saturday, Nathan Johnston, free. 409-347-8139. 2325 Calder St, Beaumont.
• Mackenzie’s Pub — Thursday, B.B. and Company, $7. Saturday, Sharrise and Co., $7. Tuesday, Ed Dix and Friends, free. Ages 21 and older. 409-866-2288. 229 Dowlen Rd., Ste# 9b, Beaumont.
• Madison’s — Thursday, Baby James and Friends, free. Saturday, Champagne Room, $10. Tuesday, El Floppy Tacos, free. Wednesday, karaoke, free. 409-924-9777. 4020 Dowlen, Beaumont.
• Major League Grill — Thursday, Katie and Mike. Saturday, Skeeter Jones Trio. 409-898-7500. 4430 Dowlen Road, Beaumont.
• Mr. Giggles — Thursday, Karaoke, 8 ball pool tournament. Friday, Jake Hughes and Drivin’ Dixie, $5-$8. Saturday, Karaoke, 9 ball pool tournament. Sunday, karaoke. Ages 21 and older. 409-960-6395. 3601 N. Twin City Hwy. Jefferson City Shopping Center, Port Arthur.
• Pacesetter — Thursday, Lee Pelly’s Singer and songwriter night, free. Friday, Fat, Drunk and Stupid, $5. Ages 21 and older. 409-866-2100. 6358 Phelan Blvd.,
• Pine Tree Lodge — Sunday, Herbie Stutes and the Grand Shin Band, free. www.thepinetreelodge.com. 3296 Pinetree Road, LaBelle.
• The Place — Saturday, Karaoke with Joyce Rainey, free. Ages 21 and older. 409-736-2650. 5875 W. Port Arthur Rd, Port Arthur.
• Rancho Grande — Monday, Flava, free. 409-729-9105. 7670 Memorial Boulevard, Port Arthur.
• Starvin’ Marvin’s — Thursday, Old Trick, free. Friday, Scott McGill, free. Saturday, Still Cruisin’, free. Tuesday, open mic jam, free. Wednesday, Moe Haynes Band, free. Call 409-347-0058 for info. 2310 N. 11th St., Beaumont.
• Tequila Rok — Friday, Los Lonely Boys, Blue Broussard Band, $20. Ages 18 and older. www.tequilarok.com. 260 Crockett Street, Beaumont.
• Texas Rose Saloon — Friday, Larry Tillery Band. Ages 21 and older. 409-833-3900. 2013 S M L King Jr. Pkwy., Beaumont.
• Thirsty’s — Friday, Jacob Robles, free. Saturday, Lee Pelly, free. Ages 21 and older. 409-866-6066. 229 Dowlen Road, Beaumont.
• Tiki Too Bar and Grill — Friday, Jonathan Mitchell Band, $5. Saturday, DJ James. Ages 21 and older. 409-296-2522. 45735 Interstate 10, Winnie.
• Tradewinds Tavern — Thursday, Kris Harper. Tuesday, Alex Rozell. Wednesday, Jimmy Kaiser. Ages 21 and older. 409-842-3600. 2355 IH 10, Beaumont.
Send all entertainment listings to email@example.com or call 409-721-2819
- Top Stories
Land office attempting to close Rollover
The days of dropping a line and hooking a big flounder, pulling it from the teeming waters of Rollover Pass may soon be a thing of the past.
The Texas General Land Office applied for a permit to close the Pass after Hurricane Ike in 2008 because of the heavy erosion sustained by surrounding beaches and other ongoing issues.
Officers taught to ‘charge, charge, charge’ at Active Shooter Training
The role of local law enforcement drastically changed after two teenage boys walked into Columbine High School in Littletown, Colo., and opened fire in 1999. Though local police arrived quickly, they waited nearly 45 minutes for the “elite” police team to assemble and go through the school.
Elroy Chester executed, family of victims present
In his last statement before lethal injection began Port Arthur serial killer Elroy Chester admitted to the violent string of murders he was accused of then asked the family of his victims not to hate him.
Southern Baptists expected to address Scouting
The Southern Baptist Convention is expected to take a stand against the Boy Scouts of America’s acceptance of gay members at the denomination’s annual meeting in Houston this week.
PA Transit center near completion
Crews are putting the finishing touches on a newly-renovated Transit Authority Service Center, while construction workers across the street are preparing to build an Auto Scrubber facility to automatically wash Transit vehicles.
Highland Park students slime principal
Second grade students at Highland Elementary School in Nederland lined up on Wednesday to each pour slime on Principal George Rienstra.
SE Texans can help with tornado relief
While rescue crews sift through miles of rubble left by Monday’s monstrous tornado in search of survivors, local organizations are preparing to send both volunteers and supplies to assist the crippled area.
• Go to www.redcross.org to donate
Kree, Candice bring soul to 'Idol' finale
Woodville native and Southeast Texas sweetheart Kree Harrison may already be a local hero, the 22-year-old battled to be America's Idol against fellow Southerner Candice Glover from South Carolina Wednesday night.
Southeast Texas rallies around ‘Idol’
Kree Harrison will take the stage at 7 p.m. Wednesday for the title of "American Idol" on FOX. Make sure to vote!
Angelina Jolie gets double masectomy
Angelina Jolie says that she has had a preventive double mastectomy after learning she carried a gene that made it extremely likely she would get breast cancer.
- More Top Stories Headlines
- Land office attempting to close Rollover